1.Sara Mather, an American scientist invented lamp
and submarine telescope.
2. Margaret E.Knight, an American scientist invented
a machine to build flat bottomed paper bags.
(B:Feb. 14, 1838;D:Oct.12, 1914)
3. Kanchan Chaudhari was India’s first
female Director General of Police. She was also the
second I.P.S. Officer in India after Kiran Bedi.
4. Surekha Yadav (B:2 September 1965) is the
first female Train driver (1988) in India and Asia.
5.The Dishwasher was invented by Josephine
Cochrane in 1887.
6. Sarah E. Goode invented Folding Cabinet Bed.
7. Coffee filter system was invented by Melitta
8.Florence Parpart invented the modern electric
refrigerator in 1914.
9.Katharine Burr Blodgett (1898-1979) invented
non reflective glass which is essential for eye glasses,
car windshields and computer screen.
10.Maria Beasely invented life rafts and a machine
for making barrels.
11.J.Manjula, an outstanding scientist is the first
woman Director General of D.R.D.O.(Defence
Research and Development Organization).